Tuesday 18 June 2013

all wrapped up

(*spoiler alert* - if you're a close stamping friend of mine who has a birthday very soon look away now unless you want to see your birthday card!!)

This week a very dear friend of mine celebrates her birthday. I loved this Orla Kiely wrapping paper and when wrapping her present I decided to use it as inspiration for her birthday card.





 I used one of the leaves from the all-new You Are set from Clearly Besotted to replicate the pattern from the wrapping paper - I love the colour scheme!


Stamps: You Are, Cute and Cuddly (Clearly Besotted), Card: Rustic Cream, Simply Chartreuse, Ink: Dark Chocolate, Orange Zest, Pure Poppy, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse (SU), London Fog (Memento), Other: Grey Pen, twine

 Here they are together, reminds me I should try to use more colours on my cards - I tend to get stuck in a two/three colour scheme!





 Thanks for visiting and a very happy birthday week to the recipient of this card (did you peek?!)!

No comments: